October 28, 2005

Me and My Arjun...

Now is the time for me to decide about one big hurdle of my life, Ya, My Marriage. I can give no more reasons like I need to finish my studies, or I should get settled with a good job or anything like that. I have no other way to come out of this, but to look for the proposals parents get me. Unfortunately or fortunately I've not met my Mr.Right :-( so far. People say I'm a very practical girl, which even I believe to an extent.
But, But, But..I'm a firm believer of the funda 'SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IS MADE FOR YOU'. I've had my own 'Sapnon ka Rajkumar' from years. I'd even named him Arjun Bharadwaj (Y?? donno!!! I just like that name :-), he he, must be sounding funny for you). He is supposed to be THE man of my life, I'd read some blog about an 'Andekha Anjana' of one lady, even my Arjun is somewhere similar to hers. I've fantasised about my Arjun so very much that there have been so many days I've cried at night comparing him with the people I interact and realize my Arjun is too good to be true and can never exist :-(.
We always say we should not expect anything in life, when there is no expectation, you'll be happy with what you get and blah blah blah. But tell me honestly, is it practical?? Not for me atleast :-(.
Say I meet a guy, he is good looking, down to earth, well settled, he claims he likes me, everything seems pretty purrrrfect if I think from my parents angle. They'll be more than happy to get me married.
In case of Arranged marriage, this is how it goes right? This is all your parents will look for. In the half an hour you get to talk to the person and decide about your life, what all can you see? I might feel comfortable talking to him. But somewhere I feel he is not 'my kind' of a guy. My Arjun is much more Matured, Sensible, Romantic, Passionate, Caring and all that. This guy seems too practical to be all this. I dont relate to him at all. He talks so much as a 'matter of fact'. I dont feel that 'ting tong' for him in my heart :-/. My friends laugh at me when I say all this and they feel I'm in some fantasy world. But NO I'M NOT, I know my Arjun can never exist, but.... ??? (I donno........).
I'm already crossing the IDEAL age for getting married (according to my parents), If not this guy, my parents will get another one who may be similar to this, or mebbe even more alien when compared to my Arjun. Should I marry this one thinking that love will grow sometime, or should I wait for someone who can bring the 'ting tong' in me? Should I wait for someone who comes close to my Arjun? Will my Arjun knock my door anytime?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm.... :)
Once you accept someone for who and what they really are,they will really surprise you by being better than you ever expected.....

so hope for the best :)

Anonymous said...

Good one!!!
I guess all of us have an Arjun in our thoughts... just that some of us have named him n a few others haven't.
But yeah tooo good to be true!!
All said and done...what next???

Anonymous said...

If you describe Arjun, I know he will be one ideal person. But life is designed in such a way that there are no ideal things. But I would like to say one thing

"Perfection is unattainable
But if we chase it,
We can catch excellence"

I wish, you meet the Mr. right soon :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Baby, wake up to reality, its high time :)))

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... The first read I felt wat nonsense.. when i sat back and made my mind read it only onething came to my mind...
"Ppl say marraiges are made in heaven... but can u even dream heaven???... I dont know about others but i have never dreamt heaven... :("...
Anyways all i want to say may you meet that ideal man... and even if he is not arjun forget it, you can always call him arjun when the world calls him by any other name...

Khushi said...

#me,
Accepting someone for what they are and accepting someone as ur hubby is different isnt it?

#anonymous1,
even i donno :|

#bharath,
:)

#anonymous2,
Thanks :)
Have you heard of a calvin quote 'Reality continues to Ruin my Life ;-)'... but dont worry, I'm not the pooja of DTPH who waits till night 12 on a valentines day assuming she'll see her Mr Right, but its just a small dilemma and just felt like sharing with others...

#hemanth,
I'm not looking for an ideal man, I know no one is perfect, and my arjun doesnt exist in real, but its just the dilemma on the priorities you need to look at...

Jay said...

"Should I wait for someone who comes close to my Arjun? Will my Arjun knock my door anytime? "

Seems more like a mental block. There is no 'special' person per se .... U make a person special by accepting and understanding them. 'Arjun' can just be the 'Hritu' (spring)phase in ur life .... and thats about it. No puns intended! ;-)

Anonymous said...

We all accept that there a some things in life that just happen.They donot require reasons. Well,loving and caring for a person is one such thing!! There are no set parameters to love somebody....
So when you marry and care for this guy he automatically becomes your Arjun though he is poles apart from this imaginative "Arjun"!! And that's when you realize that it was good not to have met the visitor of your dreams ;-)

Anonymous said...

well just imagine if humans were deprived of an attribute called "being judgmental"...
Things could have been better in this scenario??? or would have made this real bad???

Khushi said...

Yes Jay,
I just hope this Arjun is just a Hritu of my life ;-)
PS: How very Jay-ish ;-)

#Anonymous,
hmm :)

#hemanth,
Mebbe, things would have been easier if we were not judgmental :-|

Anonymous said...

I felt this is nonsense..at first ... but... it make sense..
This is like engineering Assume some thing then prove Assumption is right...
In this world there two kind of people,
1. waiting for Anjun...he will come one day ... etc etc
2. Go find Arjun.. and convert it into reality.
So, Bbay wake up to reality.

Khushi said...

#Live, #anonymous
hmm :)

Anonymous said...

Should you wait? It depends on how much trust you have on existence!
You are bound to get confused when you wait & parents know how to make good use of their child's confusion :-) ... :-(

rebel_on_loose said...

:) I guess i'm asking a personal question, but still i'm curious...
y the name "Arjun Bhardwaj" for the "Ting-Tong" guy. :)
Anything special in that name ???

Khushi said...

well,
Its a special name, most definetely!! but Y that name, er.. I dont have any answer :)

rebel_on_loose said...

:) I sincerely wish someone brings that "Ting Tong" pretty soon!

Khushi said...

:) Thanks ROL,

Anonymous said...

i never read blogs.. but i have friend named arjun bharadwaj and he was shocked.. :)

he is figuring out a way to convince u he is the real arjun.. lol.. just kidding.. :)

have fun bloggin..

-freemind

Khushi said...

ha ha ha!!!!
please do let me know who it is ;-)
ROTFL :D

Anonymous said...

allo allo,

The chap above (anonymous/freemind) was referring to me.
My name coincidentally does happen to be Arjun Bharadwaj (right down to the exact spelling. fancy that!)
Needless to say I was quite amused as well :))
I'm gonna havta read some more of your stuff now! :)

tchuss,
Arjun

Khushi said...

WOW!!!!
ha ha ha!!! u r the first person i'm coming across having MY guy's name, he he :D

Anonymous said...

"Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder" ...... there is and cant be something called as mr. perfect pre-existing. It is we who have to make it happen. And we try make it happen ..... automatically ur mr. alien will b moving towards mr.Arjun :-)
"Its ATTITUDE that makes a big difference in small things."
good day!!!!

Anonymous said...

If up to this time you are still single, I would say...just try to explore the person, whom you meet. It happens that if you meet a person the outlook may not match. But when you would read him, you will come to know the mind of the person. From my point of view more than the outlook, thinking will TING TONG. Take your time...but do not expect everything readymade. Yes, it's true "Someone somewhere is made for you".

- I do not know my name.:-(