January 30, 2006

A Generation Awakens...

This is the tagline of the movie Rang De Basanti. I can most definetly say it is one of the BEST movies I've seen oflate. The screenplay, the storyline, the starcast(its amazing to see how each of them go into the character so well), songs, so much and more.
I really liked the way they have connected the freedom fight to today's corruption. Our freedom fighters were fighting against the Britishers whereas today we have come to a stage where we need to fight against our own corrupt politicians.
The gradual change of fun loving brats into a bunch of responsible individuals is shown very neatly.



The dialogue of Atul kulkarni on sarfaroshi ki tamanna ab hamare dil mein hein can really leave you with goosebumps.

The Jallianwala Bagh massacre will make your eyes go wet :(.

The way maddy proposes.. er.... (okey, go find out)... is damn cute :P

The smile of Maddy, the look of Sidharth and the chiseled face of Kunal kapoor can just leave you with just one word 'WOW'!

The Phirang female Sue is a real eye Candy ;-)

The dialogues of last scene where...er....okey, Let me not reveal the story of the movie and spoil the fun for people who are planning to watch it. But DO WATCH IT, its really a good one :)

I really donno if the movie can awaken a generation, but it'll definetely make people THINK.

15 comments:

paurna said...

I really donno if the movie can awaken a generation, but it'll definetely make people THINK.

u are right about that.hours after i watched the movie i kept thinking about its theme and its message and just cudnt take my mind off it.

rebel_on_loose said...

Damn,EVERY1 seems to have seen it by now! I'll immediately book my advance tickets for this weekend lest vr stranded at those malls again!
No wonder's everyone's raving abt it!
:)

Khushi said...

Ya... The movie was definetly a good attempt I feel,
thanks for dropping by, Paurna

Rebel,
watch madi :)

PNA said...

hey Kushi ..

first time here and a coincidence
the same subject for my post too this time ...

it will definitely make a ppl think ....but those people who will think....

wonderful movie ....
Ash

Shikha said...

One more review:)

Naveen said...

I'm with Shikha..another review..thats good in a way..ppl will watch such good movies after reading all these :)

Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

khushi :

I cannot say ,what I had written about the movie was a review. It was more of the feeling/thoughts just after watching the movie.
I could not say anything about the movie, becuase the movie sounded too low compared to the theme it was carrying, I mean, I could not
think at that time whether the music was good, or the romance was there or not , I was totally engrossed in the theme and its aura.

Maybe some time later I will write a review for the movie :)

Oh , nice review , BTW.

-ATG

Khushi said...

Raj,
//ending does'nt go with the idea director wanted to put across.....

hmm, even I thought that for once, but later felt it was not all that bad too.

Ash,
Welcome :)
ya, chked your post now :)

Shikha
ya, all going Roobaroooooo

Naveen,
Ya :)

Anil,
//I could not say anything about the movie, becuase the movie sounded too low compared to the theme it was carrying

Really?? hmm!

Chitra said...

I have not watched the movie yet. But from the reviews what I liked most was the history of India depicted from a foreigner's point of view. It's a shame that what is valued by foreigners is not taken into account at all by some of us, who think that aping western culture is rad !!

Avi said...

seriously yaar, it had been quite a while since I'd last watched a similar nice movie ... really appealing !! kaaash .... apni bhi pathshala aisi hi masti ki pathshala hoti !!

Khushi said...

Chitra,
Ya first time the freedom struggle was shown in a British officer's point of view, and its kinda nice :)
hogu...before people tell you the complete story, nodu modlu!

Avi,
//apni bhi pathshala aisi hi masti ki pathshala hoti !!

kaaaaaaaaaash!

Sunil said...

Hi
A great movie I wud say...
Its been a while dat I had seen such a nice movie...

Hope they come with some more...

Khushi said...

I agree Sunil :)

flamin said...

I still haven't seen it but then that's because everyone keeps giving me luke-warm reviews on it.

Just bumped into your blog, it's really nice. Especially the parts where you ponder life :))

Anonymous said...

Well I watched the movie and the first thought I had was, I want to go home!!

However, I found it out a little later that I wasnt alone. We have a college friend'z group and we had like a hot discussion on the group. And wat was good to know was, I came to know about some other college friendz groups discussing the same.

Good Job.