December 02, 2005

Smile…… & the world smiles with you… :)


Last week when I’d gone to Udupi, I was traveling in Konkan railway to Murudeshwar beach. I’d not got window seat, so couldn’t stare outside the window much. Ish, how much I love sitting next to the window in journeys and go into my own lala land, but there was this sadu looking creature sitting next to me, and i dint even feel like asking her for that seat. The only way to kill time was to read the boring magazines which we’d bought just before boarding the train. The same old gossip, glamour, humour was damn bugging, so I closed the book.

Diagonally opposite to me, there was a lady holding a very small baby in her hand. The baby was not falling under any of these shoooooo shweeeeeeet, chooooo cute category. It was little dark and they’d put black dots all over its face. (They put these black dots on their face so that people don’t cast their eyes…poor babies, they are so cute otherwise :-). This baby was starring at me from quite some time. I gave a smile and nodded my head at it, and it gave smile back. It had only 2 teeth and was looking damn cute with that smile.


I was just wondering at certain things…When we were small, has anybody taught us how to smile?? has anyone told us that if u widen your lips, it’s a gesture to show you are happy? NO? In that case we all must have come to this earth knowing how to SMILE...then why do we hesitate so much?... I myself realize so many times I come to office, wish people around me a 'good morning' with a I-can-smile-only-so-much face (sheesh, such an artificial smile).... its different that i keep giggling throught the day when with my friends... but just to become 'formal' or 'professional' why do we restrict ourselves so much...

we all know its just a small curve which can set things straight and yet we keep it within....

"If someone is too tired to give you a smile, leave one of your own, because no one needs a smile as much as those who have none to give. ."


"Smile, its the second best thing you can do with your lips ;-).. says a profound friend of mine...

"The best way to dress up is to put on a smile.." (should i add with your dress?? ;-)

"Smile.. it improves your face value..."

"Life is a camera, face it with a smile :)"

"Smile.... and the world smiles with you... :D "

4 comments:

Jay said...

Also Note ,

"Smile. It makes people wonder what U are thinking about!"

Anonymous said...

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kiran said...

Simplest
Magic
Implying
Luring
Expression

hehehe its wat jus came to my mind..Nice posting..keep it up.
regards,
rik.

Khushi said...

#Jay,
:)

# :),
:O)

#Rik,
that was khool :O)